Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Solar Signs Linda Goodman

February 9 - God is For Us


Joshua ... looked and looked, behold a man stood in front of him, his naked sword in hand. Joshua went to him and said: "Are you for us or for our enemies?" He said: No, but I am the chief of the army of the Lord, I come now. Joshua fell on his face against the ground in homage ... (Joshua 5:13-14)

The burden is heavy and frightening Joshua. God has entrusted to lead the people. Then he stands on the hills to observe Jericho below - and it probably develops a strategy to attack the walls - he sees a man with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua asked him "Are you for us or for our enemies?"

When he learns that the man comes from God, Joshua prostrated himself to worship. By this action, we can conclude that the commander is none other than Jesus Christ. An angel would not be accepted and loved.

It took me a while before I realized that God was for me rather than my opponents. I believed that God was waiting for me to make a mistake in order to punish me. I thought he was going punishment because I was not always what I should be.

WHEN YOU MAKE A REAL ENCOUNTER WITH GOD, YOU TAKE IT OUT WITH THE AWARENESS THAT GOD IS FOR YOU.

As Paul said, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31). With God on our side, how could we lose?

__________

Father, we thank You make sure you're on our side. Lord, in Thy name, we'll deal with our problems. In Your name we will claim the territory as you promised us.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment