In Béarn.
September 15, 2003 j'aisué hard to remove foie gras. The night I was Pimbo, where the old English country house from 1268 has been transformed into municipal shelter. It's the usual routine: shower and laundry. Soon my exchange dry on the old walkway. It's perfect happiness. We are only two in the cottage. I met Sylvia, a very Catholic pilgrim I met in Le Puy and lost sight of since. We celebrate the saint's day, namely mine, St. Roland. From the top of the old country house that overlooks the surrounding landscape, we talk about God and theology. Sylvain assures me that although not very Catholic, I'm not much for the miscreant that I think is .... Thanks Sylvain for this indulgence gained after my shoes.
September 16, I lose sight of Sylvia and I get pumped. Bad day, the weather is hot and heavy again in this damn country foie gras and loudmouths Gascon. The trail rises and falls, it is poorly marked and I'd get lost if I had to rely on the GR65. Fortunately tags jacquaires put me back on track. To be pumped to the dark village is suddenly flew into a lot of noise from helicopters all lights on. Night flight and exercise. I think of my son Roman, a student pilot at nearby Dax ... and it was in one of the helicopters? On 09/17/2003 I feel good again. Shortly before Arthez, I make a stop at the chapel of spiritual Caubin, all that remains of a former commander of the Knights of Malta. I pray for the success of a long Roman, student pilot, which begins today a series of litmus tests for his pilot qualification military helicopter. Then I spend Arthez soon and I enjoy a superb view of the Gave de Pau in leaving GR65 and along the D 275 which is the ancient pilgrim route of the trail. Just before crossing the bridge over the Gave, I found parked along the road a car registered in Upper Rhine and bearing the logos of the SAEP, a large printing Alsatian whose patront none other than my .... neighbor in Colmar. Small world sometimes ... A Maslaq the house has only four seats and it is empty. Rest and relaxation are in the program and 4-star de Compostela for room .. The next day I take the path flown by helicopters constantly ... I think the testing of my son and I pray for him. Today, in February 2011, he was an officer pilot and has been selected to be formed on the Tigris, what he dreamed in 2003. Praying with his boots probably some effectiveness. God does not abandon those who grit their teeth and go forward. September 18, I can Navarrenx ancient capital of Navarre (hence its name), at the time of Navarre was a kingdom stretching from chque side of the Pyrenees.
0 comments:
Post a Comment