David made even this oath: "Your father knows well that I received your favor and he will say: What Jonathan does not know it, it would grieve him. But also true that the Lord is alive and that you are alive, there is only one step between me and death! " (1 Samuel 20:3)
David had just escaped death. Saul tried to kill him, and David realized he could die at any moment.
When it was so narrow escape, you realize how much you are near death. Whether I am healthy and I'm strong, there is only one step between me and death.
If death is so inevitable and so close, how should I live? First, I should not live for this life only.
I SHOULD LIVE IN CONSTANTLY BEING READY FOR ETERNITY.
The Bible teaches that the true self is spirit, not no body. The body is a tent. But one day I'll leave the tent to move into a mansion. If I live in communion with God through Jesus Christ, I would not have to take that step between life and death. In the words of Jesus, if I live and believe in Him, I shall never die - but I move. I leave this tent to move into this building of God. There is therefore a step that separates me from eternity. Waiting
this move forward. You see, although I have not seen it yet, I love him and I look forward to a glorious joy, inexpressible in anticipation of that day when I will stand beside My Lord, in this new body, in His eternal kingdom.
__________
Thank you Father for the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Amen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment