Saturday, December 11, 2010

Congratulation Messages For Mothers

It was once on the road to Santiago, footnote 9

villages and medieval times ... Lauzerte dog, Moissac, St Anthony, Lectoure Condom.

Exhausted by sweltering heat and heavy and the long march of the stage, my fellow Canadians do not follow me when I decide to sleep Lauzerte medieval village perched on a hill. I therefore abandoned mobile homes in a campsite at the foot of the hill and after a last effort I sit all alone in the Principalities cottage situated in a beautiful old house overlooking the plain. With a square surrounded by arcades, Lauzerte worth a stop and then I relax at a sidewalk cafe under the arcades. The evening the storm broke and I enjoy a magical show from the window of the house. The heat wave ends in a deluge of water. The problem is it still raining the morning, then all day, so this is tempered in the evening I arrived in Moissac. Fortunately, the guesthouse located in a former Carmelite convent is very comfortable and even offers to pilgrims dryers. So dry and after a last look at the famous facade of the church of Moissac that I take the road under heavy showers and gusting winds. I admire the beautiful architecture of the granary of Auvillers and I step to St Anthony, a former hospice pilgrims whose church is marked by architectural influences Mozarabic, we feel that Spain is approaching.
I discover Gascony region I do not know. Now I walk along the canal side of the Garonne, the weather is bad and I reach Lectoure by road, the trail being turned to mud. I guess then what the progress of medieval pilgrims who often walked barefoot. In a village called Miradoux, the baker gives me a yogurt with bread and asks me in return to pray for him to Compostela. He is a former steelworker Longwy converted back to the bakery and seeking peace. I promise to pray for him and resume my journey under the gray sky. I also pray for Andre and Jean-Yves, two friends with cancer (they still live on Christmas Eve 2010). That was in 2003 and one had cancer of the pancreas and one from lymphoma. I also pray for my little Bertrand and evening to learn that he will step better. Lectoure after the weather becomes warmer, but I remain on the county to avoid the mud. My fellow Canadians have disappeared under the downpour, I walk alone for three days, but I found both Condom Norwegian with whom I partied in Cahors wine in the company of trappers québécois.Le gîte Condom is located in a former College of Oratory, it offers stunning architecture and nostalgia of an old-time education. On the doors of the old classrooms it says "math" or "rhetoric". I guess the students lined up in silence before classes in school time when the word still had meaning ... Condom is a charming city and has a museum condom ... as it should. I appreciate the humor of the little city councilors who built this museum no doubt interesting, but as for me I prefer to collect myself in the cathedral and immerse myself in beauty and peace before going to sleep in the memories of old college.

0 comments:

Post a Comment