Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jesse Jane's Tooth It Is

What's new on the blog of Colin? Why

After just under two months since the inauguration, I make a point about how my blog. With a little tour of the latest technology, a full report on your visits, and some ideas for the future of this blog.
short it is an opportunity for you to give me your opinions, suggestions see me throwing stones virtual ...

Recent changes:
-You might like ...
Last modification date display at the bottom of page and end of message with a link to miniature items to content close to the one you just read. What prolong your visits to the site and highlight the old past articles in the archives. Few problems to view this widget in the right place with lots of links (5 would be ideal) but I expect an improvement next. I will also try to remove the link LinkWithin ...




-Cloud keywords
recent innovation on this site, based on a WordPress-in Pulga ( blogumus ), the inset shows a list of keywords a flash animation. A simple click will return articles containing the word desired key. Two disadvantages are that this movie does not perhaps remain: the size of keywords is not proportional to their frequency, and above all keywords with accents do not work ... Latter problem, the plug-in does not seem to work under Internet Explorer, I am currently looking for a solution to follow!

-Link subscription RSS
This small image in the top right lets you subscribe to Atom feed of my blog. Specifically when you click on Firefox (and it must be the same for Internet Explorer) invites you to subscribe to my blog. A link is then placed in your favorites or your personal bar and when clicked you can see a list of articles on the blog and identify those you have not read. Ideally you do not miss is to use an aggregator that brings together on one page all your RSS subscriptions / atom ( netvibes example)!

Referencing
SEO blog is complete (the search engines and blog directories), which should generate a little more traffic, and facilitate access to the site via search engines. Note the presence of a mini-blog reporter under low blog which shows my partnership with the site Maxisciences .



Your Views:
-General Statistics
Today, Thursday, May 6, 2010, the total number of 411 visits with 204 unique visitors. The number of page views is from 1471 or 3.58 per visit for an average time spent on the site per visit 6min. In the end I'm pretty happy with that number of visitors to my scale, it's a relatively unexpected success. So thank you all and come back there!



-Geographical origin
Over 13 countries have visited the blog, here are the top 10: France 367, 9 Switzerland, Canada, 9 Belgium 7, USA 4, Tunisia 3, Morocco 3, United States 2, Germany 2, Algeria 2.
Here is a map of visits to France, although with a strong influx of Dijon (thank you friends and myself!) Visitors from 63 different cities in the first 10 visits are Dijon 167, , Lyon 40, Paris 29, Strasbourg 11, 11 Rennes, Toulouse 11, 9 Auxerre, Lens 5, Grenoble 5, Besançon 5 (a total of 63 different cities)

- The 6 most viewed articles so far are:
(feel free to give me your own rankings in the comments)
  1. The eruption of Eyjafjöll
  2. Cuckoos have style!
  3. fractals in nature.
  4. A homeopathic dose ...
  5. What we aspire to, or pyramid.
  6. The new program 2nd
-To know everything in attendance knew the site, see what full report of google analytics (. Pdf format).




Projects:
-Rate each item.
Looking for a way to integrate out to vote for everyone to vote and to better determine the interest in each item. If anyone knows how, I'm interested. For now I can only offer buttons reactions (type I, "" I do not like ") which are in addition not very aesthetic.
-About items.
The publication frequency of items is 1 per week and during school holidays, hoping at least to maintain this rate increase see. I have a list that I update regularly the subject in which I pick. I have not really decided on a direction, so I think continue to maintain the side a bit encyclopedic and diverse (initially I wanted to show the possibility of interdisciplinarity). Last point, this blog is empty instructional content for students but it could come ...
An amendment to come is the inclusion of a reference site or an article in wikipedia link at the end of each article and no message title will return to an external site.

- Copyright © Oupss!
I sincerely apologize to all individuals / organizations for the use of images that can be protected by copyright, but it's for a good cause! A future goal is to use an even more important for royalty free (often recovered on Wikipedia), the advanced search Google also seems practical.

-Your ideas suggestions
is the time to express yourself and give me your impressions on the blog. Quality of articles, site design, story ideas, innovations, etc. Possible.

Thanks for reading and your support. And


Remember ...



Wikio - Top des blogs - Science


0 comments:

Post a Comment