Friday, July 3, 2009

How Long To Stop Shaving Before Brazilian

Will be mild sport

Given the geographical environment of La Paz, sporting enormous opportunities available to us. More Stung by your comments, we had to break a false reputation that has put in place based asado, vino and relax!
Here are our respective resolutions:
- Olivier, Mission, attempt to ascend a mountain of the Cordillera Real ;
- Helene, Mission do the 3500m in altitude trek del Chorro ;
- For both , Mission downhill mountain bike death. "
Beau program not !


"A summit ... I wanted to climb from France an important summit in America! Face me rises the Cordillera Royal and Mount Huayna Potosi ... this will be it! It culminates at 6088 meters!

is HIM!



I'm on conditions a week before doing a little exercise at altitude to guarantee me a good acclimatization. Then
choice of agency. I decided to attempt the climb alone, accompanied by a guide. I am responsible for my cordate and thus not dependent of the physical state of others. The equipment is supplied by the agency: crampons, ice axes, harnesses, combination ...
Cote stomach, rice and pasta, cooked meat and coca tea to fully digest, no milk, juice or spicy ... Digestion high altitude is often the weak point ...
only snag in the days preceding the flight of my small backpack. Administrative procedures to do and anger towards myself to evacuate ... I learn ... I learn ...


Quasi one memory of the bag ... Olivier slightly masochistic to put this picture ...
I feel good and ready, June 23 for three days of climbing.



Ramiro - 24 years - will be my guide, me - 35 years recently - will be his neophyte mountaineer.



first day at base camp 4700 m : Driving climbing and glacier walking two.




Walk to encode plant ice ax and crampons, self-confidence to face down the icy slope ...



A little noise on the ice ...

And a lil summit ice!



Stretching, dinner at 18:00 and asleep around 19:30! I feel very good, happy and lucky to have evolved between the ice which unfortunately reduce themselves to years and years. Yes Global Warming is ... Think of our beautiful Earth, act!



Second day rally the camp to 5130 m high : acclimatization and rest before the final ascent.


We carry all our gear and food ... the bag weighs!



Passage on moraines and it climbs it climbs the side of a rock ...




splendid views at this height ...







Cena (dinner) at 17:00 and in the sleeping bag was 18.00! Special feeling of fatigue and excitement, mastery of his temper and wanted to shout that "IT'S GREAT TO BE HERE!"
In the shelter, 13 people are preparing to try to conquer this mountain. This represents 6 cords of 2 in addition to their guide. Ramiro asks me to be ready tomorrow at 1:20 am for breakfast ...


Day Three: ascent 6088 m and back!


Leve was the first 1:00, ready to p'tit dej was 1:20! I swallow some biscuits and drink my coca tea. Everyone is getting ready in the shelter, there's crampons, harnesses and hats everywhere!
In 0200, headlamp on, first steps on the ice road. Nine hundred fifty-eight meters of climbing on ice. It is pitch dark, the sky is beautiful. I am sufficiently covered to have neither cold nor too hot.
The rope between me and Ramiro tightens, when we walk the same pace. The crunching of our crampons broke the silence of this black coat that surrounds us. A few lamps here and show the location of other strung. We are the third has off on this path.
We will make three short breaks for a drink of water - which freezes more and more - and eat a few squares of chocolate.
I have no concept of time or distance ... Ramiro I ask where we are. He answered me: The 5500; the 5700, the 5800 ... It is 04:00, 5:30, 06:00 ...

At this altitude, I do not know if I'm cold or a headache and my stomach begins to do its thing ... I will not stop me, tirelessly puts one foot before the other.

The clarity of day Unveils, the inclination of the slope is much stronger. We now assemble the aid of ice axes, the effort cost me and I feel weak ... I do not even more with his eyes closed, calmly taking a deep inspiration.




This is the last break. Looking up we see: the cumbre, the summit, are the 6088 m high. This is beautiful white ridge looming over the dark blue sky! It's possible, can do. Seeing the summit gives me strength and I'm leaving miles like new! We pass a cord of three and I feel every meter win as a victory, a pleasure of the effort fact and the immediate reward me up every time nearest to that holy grail.





is unbelievable, that's it, we here at 06:45 at the summit of Huayna Potosi and a flood of fun, excitement and relaxation overwhelms me. I'm so proud of myself, happy with what I considered a strong overtaking me, I sobbed while admiring the view!




The

CORDEE who preceded us begins its descent and I take MY 6088 meters! Ramiro thank you!









video for you to share "live" I felt ...




We are a quarter of an hour earlier, the cold won quickly and others strung show the end of their ax ... In turn, we give the place and begin the descent to high camp. The I can give you some pictures because the sun hits the snow ... and we descend fast enough to make some breaks!







is down even very fast since ' we just 1:50 to reach the campamento viola! The too large relaxation - No tears! - My legs give way almost at every step. I have to sit a bit.

Wow! I did. I do not yet very well ... I'm just tired. I drink tea with coca leaves, eat the remains of chocolate and let dry my socks off. I look behind me ... La Cumbre is far, fortunately, closing my eyes I see myself again. An hour passes, I change my bag and redo, Ramiro is ready to join the base camp.


We descend slowly from the blocks of stone, the weight of the bag and fatigue are terrible enemies against whom we must fight for an hour.


at 11.00 - only in fact - we came down to 4700 m, (6088 to 4700 .... =) vertical meters descendants. My cheeks stinging because little heat here in contrast to the cold summit.
Unfortunately, Ramiro did not accompany me to La Paz, it starts today with two tourists for three days I guess you think! (Balese. ..)
At 12:30 I get off the taxi and found myself right in La Paz, downtown, in the agency. I received the t-shirt memory of this successful climb and do not dwell ... Executive Hotel - a fresh orange juice in passing - and then shower and bed for a nap two hours.
Around 16:00 I will eat beef and paves the quinoa and return to bed without having failed to put a word not to Helen that she is concerned in his retirement trek.
I sleep! I sleep! I dream, I walk, I hit that little roof of the world, Huayna mine! "
Olivier


I will make two T-shirt" special memories "of the climb and would be delighted to find Ramiro agency 3 days late to give him his copy!

"On Tuesday, 23 I wish good luck to Olivier who has put a lot of pressure, I'm with Sara and Paul, two Dutch and Jeanie and Jolianne, two Canadians, accompanied by two guides to La Cumbre. La Cumbre is the culmination of the city of La Paz: 4700 m. We deposited there by minibus. From here, we'll have three days off until Coroico 1200m ... I hear you say "ah but downhill is easy !...".
Well no, when you spend your time going down, you're happy when the slope changes direction!
The first day the legs have descended 2000m in altitude ... The landscapes and vegetation changes with altitude, we are going through villages. Here the people all have red cheeks because their red blood cells is superior to ours, this fight against the cold and overcome the lack of oxygen.
"I took the camera to my climb to Huayna Potosi and Helene therefore has no image has to offer for his trek. The holanda who accompanied Helen made some cliches and send them as soon as possible ... The article will be updated later! "

Olivier

a first night in 2800 ... tent.
Unable to sleep on his stomach having the thickness the mat that lets the cold, as usual, I'm happy to get up in the morning and put the machine on, just to warm up! A second
very agreeable day with the sun, the descent is less felt and we walk on the mountain slopes, we pass through waterfalls and have a view on everything around us.


Normally, a photo of!


Tonight we sleep on the ground of Maria. Maria, 22 Daisy lives with her 4 year old daughter, the father left with another. They live here, lost in the mountains two days walk from La Paz. Maria survives with bottles of water it sells to hikers (one to five persons per week) ... Daisy is not going to school but his mother asked him to each visitor to the school!
A night under the tent much more pleasant than the previous few meters in less means more then a few degrees at night in the cozy sleeping bag.


The next morning the group left without me .... I was thinking that before! And no! I went to brush my teeth! writ not even scared! Two hours later I found. At this altitude (-2000 m) the first flowers appear and that it was pleasant to walk in such pristine ...
We will finish the march by the "casa Japan. We meet a man completely hunchback Japanese origin who leaves his country in 1955. He lived here ever since ... a funny story! A French tourist has sent a review on Alsace Lorraine ... being the only French group, I present each page, he knew better than me Alsace through his book, he could cite "Colmar, half-timbered houses, the wine route ...". He concludes the interview by giving me his address and requesting me to send a review on the North ... funny character! Two hours later, we descend the final meters leaving behind us the mountains.


difficle return to La Paz and its exhaust, I hope to find the Olivier alive and having succeeded his rise ...


One that is no longer alive, it's Michael Jackson and all night and the next day, his voice and his songs resound throughout the city ...
link to a video that we like to see and review on the Internet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nTSbHfJvk&feature=related


Friday, rest day history to rest the legs and write a little blog ...


June 27, sporting new challenge! In
bike this time, stands before us " carretera de la muerte", " the death road ", 64 km down to 3600m in altitude on an asphalt road and a single dirt road along a precipice of over 500m!
The name of this road is unfortunately not a marketing stunt for tourists ... When she was on active
, many vehicles are falling over the precipice and currently closed to traffic, it accounted for some victims with cyclists skid brakes too late or have a fatal fall. While it cools
Helene who prefer to stay in town. Olivier, for his part is attracted by the raid!


"Turning agency into an agency, examining the bikes and looking at the photos and videos, I finally convince Helen to try this unique experience, because you can do safely, I think ... "
Olivier


" Torn between fear to go, the lure of danger and the fact of not wanting to miss, I finally sign up for the descent ... "
Helene


We will try our outfits yesterday, helmets, wetsuits, t-shirt souvenir! 8:30 And the next day, we are at 4700m, La Cumbre, for breakfast as a team.


An overview of the road ...


Two guides ATV frame us, one opens and the other is load photos and video. A farm vehicle logistics for the march. In
"appetizer", we swallow 20 km of asphalt road position aerodynamic chute.


ATV front suspension, disc brakes, helmet and vest ... we attack!

"Gradually, I appropriate the bicycle and increasingly loose the brakes." Helene


"As for me, ban brake, the speed increases, I regale WAOUHHHH!" Olivier

Evidence in pictures!



Before the runway, control small genus Tour de France! No one is positive!

soon We're attacking the "main course", 40 km downhill track. It has its head in the clouds to begin.




It is surrounded by greenery that will evolve over the meters down. The heat will also accompany us.




picture on the brink with some style ...
Maid snack break and go again, always with care and pleasure:

Action!



Beautiful death road ...
anyway you pedal a bit and stop well chosen by the guide will calm our passions. We stand before the grave of an Englishman, who died here two months ago ... He left the track on a corner ...
We leave all with a little more hands on the brakes ...


It does not prevent a few figures of speech ...


... and refresh ... in video for you please!

We finally arrive without much trouble near Coroico, all safe and happy to have done.



Another effort for ptit souvenir photo. .. and the T-shirt SURVIVOR of this good time!
The end of the program is pretty nice shower, swimming pool and buffet in a little hotel on the corner!

The troupe is leaving to go back to La Paz, we remain a Coroico to rest. Here at 1200m, it is very hot ... a family atmosphere can be felt in the village: here are the winter holidays and hotels are full ...


Beautiful views of the valley. .. with raptors, blue sky, sun and rest for a day!
writing the blog we occupy property between two restaurants! And
Tuesday, June 29, we go back to La Paz, Bolivia last night before Peru!

And no! Surprise! Arrived at 08:30 at the bus terminal, instead of taking the city of Cuzco in Peru, we are redirected to Copacabana ... we know already thin! Of bloqueos (strikes) in Peru prevent any traffic ...

Stay tuned, it's not the Pe r or !



0 comments:

Post a Comment